Writing prompts are one of the greatest writing inventions. They can spark a writer’s imagination, and become something impressive. One of my favorite works was sparked by a series of pictures. So, I’ve decided to list five writing prompts for you. And, as I’d love for others to do the same for me, I am going to stress this point. I give you personal permission to publish a story that comes out of these writing prompts. It must be original (of course) but you are more than welcome to use this attempt to spark your creativity.
- You have come to a special place in your neighborhood/town, and something isn’t right. You can’t pinpoint what it is, but something is very wrong.
- You suddenly feel a pinch when you are walking down the street. You turn around and it’s…
- You’re watching a movie with your very unemotional friend, and he/she suddenly gets emotional. Why?
- Out of the blue, you get sicker than ever before. Why? How do you treat this sickness if it’s treatable?
- If you overdo something, what happens?